Скачать 62.58 Kb.
|Муниципальное бюджетное учреждение|
гимназия № 38
городского округа Тольятти
Урок-дискуссия по теме
How To Study English Effectively"
(10 - 11 класс)
Попова Марина Анатольевна,
учитель английского языка
Цель урока: формирование речевых умений учащихся в рамках обозначенной темы.
- активизация лексического материала по теме “Изучение английского языка”;
- совершенствование навыков чтения с извлечением запрашиваемой информации;
- формирование навыков монологической речи по теме.
- развитие логического мышления;
- совершенствование навыков устного и письменного восприятия иноязычных текстов;
- формирование умения выражать свою точку зрения.
- поддержание у учащихся интереса к изучению английского языка через подбор содержания языкового и речевого материала по теме урока;
- формирование навыков сотрудничества в ходе работы.
Развитие универсальных учебных действий в рамках обозначенной темы:
- Личностные УУД: самоопределение (внутренняя позиция школьника, самооценка);
- Регулятивные УУД: инициативность и самостоятельность;
- Познавательные УУД: работа с информацией, выполнение сравнения, анализа;
- Коммуникативные УУД: речевая деятельность, навыки сотрудничества.
- работа в группах;
- компьютер, компьютерная презентация урока;
- раздаточный материал.
I. Организационный момент
Учитель: Hello, boys and girls! I'm glad to see you here. I hope you are fine.
2. Речевая зарядка
I would like you to learn a jazz chant. Let's read it. Look into the cards and repeat after me:
- Oh, no, not really.
do speak English quite fluently.
- Thank you. You are very kind.
I mean it. I mean it. I really mean it.
- Thanks a lot. You're very kind. You really
are very kind.
Учитель: Every day a lot of students come to our gymnasium. They come here to learn English. Our school is very popular among schoolchildren because it gives students practical skills in English, it widens their outlook and gives really profound knowledge of the subject. Today we are going to speak about learning English. We will discuss ideas how to study English effectively.
1. Развитие умений монологической речи. Обсуждение: Роль английского языка.
Учитель: Why do a lot of people in different countries learn English?
^ : Nowadays more and more people learn English because it is used everywhere. It has become the language of international communication. We can say that it is becoming a global language.
Учитель: You said that English is used everywhere. What spheres of life and work require people to have good knowledge of English? People of what professions need the knowledge of English?
Ответы учащихся: English language is used in:
Учитель: And why do you study English? Where are you going to use it?
Примерные ответы учащихся:
1. I learn English because I need it for my future work. I am going to be a translator.
2. I need the knowledge of English for my education because I am going to study abroad.
3. I learn English because I like travelling. The knowledge of English will help me to communicate with people in different countries.
Учитель: We say that we learn English. But the English language consists of different areas. What areas of English are there?
Учитель: So, when we learn English we read, speak, write, listen and learn new words. Which activity is more important? We can't say for certain. Every student has his own list of priorities. I would like you to listen to two dialogues with Gilberto and Rosa and put the areas of English in order of importance for them.
Task: Which areas of English are important to study and practice? Listen to the interview with Gilberto and Rosa.
Teacher: Right, Gilberto. What areas of English do you think are important to study and practice? Can you put the areas in order of importance?
Gilberto: Well, the most important thing for me is speaking. Second is listening. I think it's very important to communicate in English with other people. After listening, I think, the third thing is pronunciation. Pronunciation is important so that people understand you. English pronunciation is very difficult for me.
^ : What about grammar, Gilberto?
Gilberto: I don't think that it's important. I think studying grammar is boring. I think grammar is number seven for me. Before that comes vocabulary. Vocabulary is number four. It is important to study new words and to try and learn important ones. After that comes reading. I like reading comics in English like Garfield. Then writing is number six. I don't like writing very much.
^ : Rosa, what areas of English do you think are important to study and practice? Can you put these areas in order of importance?
Rosa: I think that grammar is the most important thing? Grammar is definitely number one for me. I think it is important to understand grammar to speak correctly and to understand what people say. After grammar, I think, vocabulary is number two. I always write down important new words in my vocabulary book. I study all the new words when I'm on the school bus.
^ : What about speaking?
Rosa: Well, I think speaking is important too. I think speaking is number three. And listening is number four. It is important to speak English in class and practise listening to cassettes at home. Then pronunciation is next, number five. I think English pronunciation is very important and I find it very difficult too. Number six is reading and number seven is writing. I don't like reading or writing very much.
Учитель: Now tell me the order of activities that Gilberto told us about.
Ответ учащихся: 1. Speaking 2. Listening 3. Pronunciation 4. Vocabulary
5. Reading 6. Writing 7. Grammar
Учитель: Let's make the list of the most important activities for Rosa.
Ответ учащихся: 1. Grammar 2. Vocabulary 3. Speaking 4. Listening
5. Pronunciation 6. Reading 7. Writing
Учитель: We've listened to Gilberto and Rosa. Now I'd like to listen to your opinion. What is the order of importance for you? (Ответы учащихся)
Учитель: And now let's make a list of priorities for our group. (Учащиеся определяют порядок для своей группы)
Учитель: You are all learning English. For some students it is easy, for others it is difficult. We are going to speak about things that can help you in learning English. Firstly, let's find out what kind of memory you have. Do you know that people have auditory, visual and kinesthetic memory?
Here is a questionnaire "What kind of learner are you?" (Приложение 1) I would like you to read the questions and choose the answer that suits you best. Now look at your answers and tell me what letter you mostly chose. If you chose mostly letter "a", you have visual memory. If you chose letter "b", your memory is auditory. If it is letter "c", you have kinesthetic memory. And if you have a mixture of two letters, you have two kinds of memory which can help you.
Now let's read the text about some English students studying foreign languages and find out what kind of memory they have. (Приложение 2)
Учитель: So, you have read the text. What kind of memory do these students have?
^ Sharon has auditory memory because she likes listening to people speaking and songs. Alan has visual memory because he likes looking at the words. Marie has kinesthetic memory because she likes moving around the classroom and touching objects.
Учитель: Which ideas can you suggest to help students with different kinds of memory to learn English better?
1. Students who have visual memory should read books, write down the new words in the vocabulary, and watch educational TV programs or videocassettes.
2. Students who have auditory memory should listen to the cassettes, to English radio programs.
3. Students who have kinesthetic memory should use different objects to remember the words better or should move when they memorize something.
Учитель: Now we know some ideas which can help us to learn English with less difficulty. Let's read the text which will give us some more information for improving English (Приложение 3). So what are the best ways of learning English for you?
Student 1: As for me, I don't have much free time so I think the best way to improve English for me is to buy cassettes or CDs and learn English at home. It will help me improve my pronunciation and learn a lot of useful words and phrases.
Student 2: I agree with Sylvia that the best way of learning English is going to Great Britain and studying English at a language school. And if you go to a language school it will help to improve your vocabulary, grammar and speaking. But, unfortunately, this way of learning English is very expensive.
Student 3: That's why I think that the best way to learn English is with the help of the Internet. You can log on to an English website and practise your grammar, read articles and even chat with teenagers from the English-speaking countries. It is very convenient and I’m sure that lots of people will be learning like this soon.
III. Заключительный этап
Our discussion is coming to an end. You have worked very hard and deserve excellent marks. I hope you've got a lot of useful information how to learn English effectively. I'm sure that it will make learning English easier for you.
Your homework is to write a letter to your friend about the best way of learning a foreign language. (Приложение 4) Thank you. The lesson is over. Good bye!
(sports, walking, etc.)
What kind of memory do these students have?
1. My name is Sharon and I'm studying French and German at school. I like both languages but I prefer French. I like the sound of the words. I like listening to French songs and I like listening to French people talking, particularly young French people. I like listening to their opinions. The teacher has some tapes where young people are talking in the street. You can hear cars passing by. I like that – it sounds real!
2. My name is Alan and I'm studying French and Spanish. I want to study languages at university. I don't like it when we have to listen to tapes. I find it more difficult. And I really don't like listening to stories. They are often very long and sometimes I can't follow what's happening. I prefer reading stories. I think because I like looking at the words. I think French is a very beautiful language. The words look nice.
3. My name is Marie and I'm studying French. I'm not very good at languages and I don't want to study them at college. But we have a nice teacher and I like the classes that we have. Our teacher gives us a lot of things to do. We have to move around the room, interview each other – things like that. I like that a lot and I like it when she brings objects into the classroom and we can touch them. I remember the words better if I can touch the object.
What are the best methods of learning English?
I wasn't doing very well in my tests at school, so my parents sent off for a set of cassettes to help me improve. They had seen an advertisement in the newspaper which promised to make you fluent in a month! You repeat after the cassette and read from a book at the same time. The book has different texts in English on one side with a translation on the other so you always understand what you are reading. I quite enjoyed reading aloud at first, but then it got a bit boring. The other thing you were supposed to do was to play the cassette just as you were going to sleep at night. That was good as it didn't need any effort at all! I suppose I did learn some things, especially some new phrases, and I do think my pronunciation improved but I'm not sure it was worth all the money my parents paid for it.
I've been living in England for nearly six months now. I'm working as an au pair with a family in Oxford. The couple are very nice and have a four year old who I look after during the day when her parents are at work. The mother comes home at 2 p.m. and then I go to my language class at a nearby school. It's working out pretty well. Living with an English family means I have to speak English all the time and the language classes give me a chance to work on my grammar and improve my vocabulary. It's quite tiring though, especially when I have homework to do. I am thinking about taking the First Certificate exam next year but I'm not sure.
I work for a bank and recently have had to do a lot of travelling to English-speaking countries for my job. The bank decided they wanted me to improve my English, but it's difficult for me to go to classes because I'm so busy at work. So, I've been having classes over the Internet. It's an excellent system. I can log on to the RealEnglish.com website whenever I want and practice my grammar, read articles and so on. Then, when I'm ready, I can connect to a real teacher and have a lesson. I have a camera attached to my computer so I can see the teacher and she can see me. The teachers are available 24 hours a day, so I can choose to have a lesson when it suits me. It's really convenient and my English has definitely got better. I think lots of people will be learning like this soon.
You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen friend Sylvia who writes:
I have decided to begin learning German. I know that you go to a language school. Can you tell me about different ways of learning a foreign language? Which one do you think is better?
By the way, I'm going to a rock concert next week…
Write a letter to Sylvia.
In your letter
- answer her questions
- ask 3 questions about the rock concert.
Write 100 – 140 words.
Remember the rules of letter writing.
|Урок английского языка по теме «Здоровый образ жизни»|
Урок разработан для учащихся, обучающихся по учебнику В. П. Кузовлева «English-9»
|Урок по теме «We are not ideal students, aren’t we?»|
Учебник : Биболетова М. З., Трубанева Н. Н. Enjoy English-7 учебник для 7 класса общеобразовательных учреждений, «Титул», 2012
|Конкурсная работа по теме: “ borodino: the 200 th aniversary” по...|
|Тема урока : Linda is English, Tom is Scottish|
Цель: Ученик научится рассказывать о себе и своей стране. Ученик получит возможность обобщить знания по теме Linda is English, Tom...
|Занятие английского языка по теме «Деловой английский» Танаева Марина Николаевна Обучающая|
Форма проведения: занятие – обобщение и систематизация изученного материала по теме “Business English”
|Урок 1 (умк м. З. Биболетовой Enjoy English -2 класс) Тема: Здравствуй, английский!|
Умк «Enjoy English»-2 класс (учебником и рабочей тетрадью; с героями учебника, которые будут помогать учащимся, изучать английский...
|Презентация проекта по теме: “ Welcome to London!” в 7 классе|
Методы: традиционные (словесные и наглядные), поисковые: проблемные вопросы, ролевая игра, дискуссия
|Платформа a-learning — основа нового поколения сдо|
В целом, в осенней сессии-2010 по сар приняли участие 52 выпускника, по cipa — Система дистанционного обучения (сдо), базирующаяся...
Семья – одна из непреходящих ценностей человечества. Эта тема в работе библиотек будет раскрыта в мероприятиях
|Урок по теме: «Инерция. Плотность»|
Дорогие ребята! Сегодня у нас урок повторения по теме «Инерция. Плотность». Урок необычный, это урок-игра. Вы разделитесь на 2 команды,...